Home | Valente and DiRenzo Family History - From Our Correspondent in Geneva - Gambatesa - Colle della Putina
Colle della Putina
These photographs of the Masseria Valente show the Colle della Putina ("Hill of the Putina" or "Putina Hill"), which was reforested by the Italian government, which now owns it. But before it used to be the northern end of the Masseria Valente, the southern end of which was the Tappino River.
In the lower photograph, the Colle della Putina is on the viewer's far right. The farmhouses of the Masseria Valente can be seen at the photograph's center.
In 1877 the Masseria Valente was very big. It included the Colle della Putina. In the lower photograph, the two lower hills still belong to the Masseria Valente. The woods on the right side of the lower hill on the left belong to the Masseria. [Old manuscripts concerning the Valente Farm in Gambatesa]
Photographs by Angelo Abiuso (Geneva), August 2003.
Related Page: the Masseria Valente in Gambatesa, the farm that belonged to the three sons (Antonio, Francesco, Nicola) of Donato Valente, the farm that had belonged to Donato's grandfather Domenico Valente of Gambatesa (1764-1828).
The URL of this Web page: https://www.roangelo.net/valente/putina.html
Last revised: 11 March 2007 : 2007-03-11 by Robert [Wesley] Angelo
Home | Site Map | Site Search | Map showing Gambatesa, a village in central southern Italy | Valente and DiRenzo Family History - More From Our Correspondent in Geneva