Home | Site Map | Search | Gambatesa - its History and Art - Photographs of Gambatesa
Chapel of Our Lady of Victory
The Cappella di Maria Santissima della Vittoria commemorates the Battle of Lepanto: the 1571 sea victory over the Moslem Turks. In 1572 Pope Saint Pius V ordered an annual commemoration, Our Lady of Victory (7 October).
Photograph of the Chapel-Sanctuary of Our Lady of Victory in Gambatesa, 2 August 2002 at 6 PM, by Angelo Abiuso (Geneva).
The chapel is not large -- maybe it is about 9-12 meters deep from the facade. The chapel's front door is an iron gate that can be looked through, but the door is now kept locked.
Related pages: Postcard photographs from around 1960 showing the front of the Chapel of Our Lady of Victory and the side of the chapel with the balcony from which the priest addressed the faithful.
The URL of this Web page: https://www.roangelo.net/gambatesa/victory2.html
Last revised: 14 February 2007 : 2007-02-14
Home | Site Map | Site Search | Gambatesa - its History and Art