An old postcard photograph (circa 1960) of the Village of Gambatesa which belonged to Nunziata DiRenzo (1897-1983). (There is nothing printed on the back of the postcard.)
The village (or, "inhabited center") of the Comune ("village and its agricultural land") of Gambatesa lies at an altitude of 1,536 feet above sea level. The above view of the village is from the southwest. On the far left in the photograph is the bell tower of the Church of San Bartolomeo Apostolo ("Saint Bartholomew the Apostle"). The massive structure just to the right of the church is Gambatesa's medieval castle.
The road in the foreground is the entry of Strada Statale No. 17 (Via Appulo-Sannitica) into Gambatesa. At the center of the photograph is Largo della Madonna ("Our Lady's Square"). [Street map of the village center of Gambatesa]